Family-Based Immigration

When you are physically located in one country but one or more of your loved ones are in another, it may leave you angry, sad, or frustrated. Our family-based immigration experts at the Immigration Law Center understand that you and your loved ones want to be together. We’ll work hard to help you complete the necessary steps so you can be co-located in the U.S.

Help So You Can Be with Your Immediate Family Members

Family-based immigration allows U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents to petition the courts for permission for their immediate relatives to come to the United States. For immigration law purposes, your spouse, parents, and unmarried children are all considered members of your “immediate family.” It may be possible for other family members to join you in the U.S. as well.

The Immigration Law Center helps clients who want to bring their loved ones to the U.S. We can assist you by preparing the required forms and applications, helping you understand what supplemental information may be needed and aiding you in gathering that information, so that your petition is accurate and complete.

Support So You Can Start Your Lives Together in the U.S.

Immigration laws also allow current U.S. citizens to apply for non-immigrant visas for their fiancé(e)s to enter the United States. This may be an option if you plan to get married within 90 days of the fiancé(e)’s arrival to the country, if both of you are free to marry (meaning any previous marriages have been terminated by death, divorce, or annulment), and if you have met your fiancé(e) in person at least once in the last two years, although there are certain circumstances which may qualify for a waiver of the in-person meeting requirement.

Our immigration law experts can help you prepare the K-1 Visa, Form I-129F application so your foreign fiancé(e) can join you in the United States, allowing you to start your lives together as soon as possible.

Contact us today to learn more!